Ashford Castle, which is next to the town of Cong, was originally built in 1228 by the Anglo-Norman House of Burke. It has passed through numerous hands and was a one time a spoil of war. By the mid-19th century it came under the ownership of the Guiness family. Both the building and the estate were extended under their ownership. In 1939 a new owner purchased the castle and turned it into a hotel. The current owners, Red Carnation Hotels, purchased the property in 2013. They did an extension renovation and reopened it as a five-star property.
and inside it looks like this
Kilkenny Castle was built by the Earl of Pembroke in 1173. It was purchased by James Butler, the Third Earl of Ormonde, in 1391. It remained in the Butler family for some 600 years. It was presented to the people of Kilkenny in 1967 for a token payment of £50. It is currently maintained by the Office of Public Works.
Ross Castle was built in the 15th century by the ruling O’Donoghue clan. It is in Killarney National Park on the banks of Lough Leane. The castle was one of the last to be taken by Oliver Cromwell’s Roundheads in the 17th century Irish Confederate Wars. It was later converted to a military barracks. Currently, it is maintained by the Office of Public Works.